Saturday, November 7, 2015

Working on a New Paper House

I have a scenario titled... either "The House on Sign Hill" or "Weltgeist"...
The scenario features a fictitious mansion on Sign Hill, overlooking South San Francisco.
I found a suitable house in one of those nifty Dover books - Country Houses and Seaside Cottages of the Victorian Era  by William T. Comstock.
I wanted an observatory on the house, so I edited the image a bit.
I've laid out a floorplan previously, based on the small version in the original drawing, but now I am laying out a set of exteriors for my paper house. I am using Corel Draw and have a number of previously created elements to work from from doors, windows etc. Below is an example of what I've already done for this project.
The images are scaled for printing out at about 1/60 scale, which is what I use for figure-scale dioramas.


1 comment: